3DCoat Forums

Quick Question on Selecting Polys from Back Face

BenR

In the Sculpt room, I used "Fill Hole" the wrong way.  Imagine you have a corner of a room.  Then place a polygon completely covering the corner and intersecting the walls.  The back side of the polygon is facing you (you are on the outside).

So I have a polygon like this covering up my "corner".  The corner full of the shapes that I want.  I assume "back side" is defined by the side that is not shaded and also the side that I can not select using, for example, the "Poly Remove" tool. 

Since the back side is facing me, I can't see it until I flip my model around, and I can't select.  I am not sure about the exact rules of selecting polygons, but I assume that I can only select them from the "front" side.  

When I try to select the polygon by looking at my geometry from the other side, I keep accidentally selecting polygons that I want to keep.

Can anyone help with with this in particular and with polygon selection in general?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...