3DCoat Forums

So, overlapping UVs...

Reactor

So, much to my surprise, after getting a new UV mapping program, I find 3D Coat can't handle overlapping UVs. Is there a reason why? I wasted a whole lot of time making sure things were nicely set out and then started painting in 3D Coat. If I tick the magical 'keep clusters' button (which I thought was supposed to help with overlapping UVs) I wind up with black areas on my model after loading it in.

3D-Coat V2 can handle overlapped clusters (via keep clusters) but can't handle self-overlapped clusters.

I don't understand the difference. What are clusters? UV islands? Whatever they are, I don't understand the difference between overlapping ones and self-overlapping ones.

I'll try the V3 beta a bit later, but for the time being I just have to live with less texture space and finish the job I'm doing. I started painting and didn't realise 3D Coat had repacked my UVs for me. Good to know V3 can handle this kind of thing.

On a side note Andrew- there's a bug with the Clone tool dialogue. When changing values on it, you can paint through the dialogue box onto your model. And, it can't be undone, which is very scary when you're working in symmetry mode. I screwed up my painting a few times because of it.

On a side note Andrew- there's a bug with the Clone tool dialogue. When changing values on it, you can paint through the dialogue box onto your model. And, it can't be undone, which is very scary when you're working in symmetry mode. I screwed up my painting a few times because of it.

Seems it was fixed in V3 ALPHA