3DCoat Forums

Select hard edge loop when edge is cut edge

I have problems in retopo when I want to make hard edge loop by doubleclick on edge. It works fine when edge is not UV cut edge and whole loop becomes hard edge. But when I double click on edge which is part of UV cut edge it refuses to mark whole loop like hard edge. Instead only double clicked edge is marked as hard. So I need to remove cut from edge loop, then double click again with hard edge tool to make it hard and then to cut edge loop again. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong but it looks like a bug to me.

• Reputable Contributor
8 hours ago, dexsoft said:

I have problems in retopo when I want to make hard edge loop by doubleclick on edge. It works fine when edge is not UV cut edge and whole loop becomes hard edge. But when I double click on edge which is part of UV cut edge it refuses to mark whole loop like hard edge. Instead only double clicked edge is marked as hard. So I need to remove cut from edge loop, then double click again with hard edge tool to make it hard and then to cut edge loop again. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong but it looks like a bug to me.

It's not a bug. It's just a feature Andrew never added. I presume it's because he assumes the user does their Retopo first and applies UV's afterward. But, there are plenty of occasions where we need to make some tweaks even after doing the UV's. 

Please send the request to support@3dcoat.com. I've been intending to do the same, but among other issues or requests, I forget.