3DCoat Forums

Snake and Spikes Undo bug

tannim

I've been playing with the snake and spikes tools more on whatever the current steam version is, and while I like how they look, they have a major bug when using and then undoing them.  3D Coat will sometimes undo them as it should, but just as often it will undo whatever was done BEFORE the snake tool was used and will leave the formed snake on the model instead of removing it.

Sometimes clicking redo and then undo again will fix it, but sometimes it will not.  I'm not sure how to get rid of them when that trick doesn't work other than starting over with a loaded save or new model.

I tried it again before finally making this post.  I made a voxel cylinder, made a snake connected to it, tried to undo, and it wouldn't go away.  It happens with or without Symmetry turned on.  The bug makes using either tool very dangerous unless you remember to save first so you can reload without it.

I hope this might help your work.

I recommend a curve tool to avoid bugs that you mentioned (I also had the same bugs). If you want to make a pointy shape, then at the end of your curve, use your right mouse click (click and drag) to control the size. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:02 PM, Carlosan said:

Check this workaround please

Thx

What is the work around you are suggesting, exactly? Go to an older version like downgrading from 4.9.17 to your 4.8.31? Try a beta version? Stop using the steam client and switch my license to 3Dcoat.com? There are multiple topics discussed there.