3DCoat Forums

import>paint>export = unused vertices?!?

MatCreator

• Advanced Member

hello everyone. possibly another bug?!?

i imported a model into 3d coat, did some basic painting to it and exported, no issues. however, i imported the painted model into zbrush, and zbrush gave me "the imported mesh contains unused vertices" prompt.

what did i do while painting to cause this to happen? i had been working thru the model prior and went thru a few steps to make sure i received no error messages on import  into UVMapper Free, ZBrush and 3DCoat, so was surprised to see the exported mesh once painted got the prompt on import into zbrush.

any clue as to what caused this and how it can be avoided in the future?!?

also to note, the same mesh imported into 3d coat that is painted on does NOT initiate the prompt in zbrush, just the exported mesh that was painted on.

Edited by MatCreator

• Advanced Member

ok... trying to follow, please bare with me (and i truly appreciate the help and advice =)

i imported the original model into both zbrush and 3dcoat, no problems or issues. its only after i import into 3d coat, paint and export that the mesh has an issue when imported into zbrush.

is there a function in 3d coat during export that i am missing to fix this? whatever issue there is, its NOT happening to the original mesh if imported into zbrush, so this must be happening during a process on 3d coats end. or im assuming...

again, many thanks.