3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Texture duplicated with overlay

voxinbain

And here's the strange thing, when I use uv mapping it doesn't happen, I also tried another texture and there is no overlay either. The uv itself does not contain overlapping parts.

Re-unwrapping the model is also not an option...

Edited by voxinbain

1 hour ago, sprayer said:

It's how box mapping works. try it on box or sphere model to understand how it works. You need uv mapping for perfect textures

Thanks a lot for the clarification! I have already tried another uv and a different format, but only the place of the effect has changed.
Yes, seems I will have to use a uv mapping.

Only now it is not clear why texture stretching occurs in some places. I used a smart unwrapping in a blender, no stretching or deformation ... ;)

In general, this is the main reason why I wanted to use the cube mapping, there were no such deformations with it.

Edited by voxinbain

4 hours ago, sprayer said:

If you share model maybe someone may take a look. You need to have proper unwrapping with same texel size and make sure you are using square aspect texture.  You can also open uv editor in 3dcoat and see why it stretch. 

Thanks again!
I apologize, I double-checked the model in a blender and it turned out that there are stretched uv... I don't know now if it's worth redoing everything or leaving it as it is ...
I used smart unwrapping and angle limit 89 ... when angle limit 66 was applied everything turned out to be correct! Sorry for misleading!

I wonder why this happened? :unknw:
But that's another story, the question is not about 3d coat. :)

Edited by voxinbain

• Advanced Member

You are welcome. Not sure about Blender i am in 3ds max =) but in 3dcoat very easy to unwrap. Many professionals even zbrush users using it because of painting and retopo\unwraping tools. 

Edited by sprayer
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Texture duplicated with overlay