3DCoat Forums

retopo hotkeys? and some complaints

smer0315

I have a question
I watched the youtubeg video tutorial and used hotkeys.

But I actually used it but it didn't work, or it was replaced by another function, so has the hotkey changed or is it invalid?

https://youtu.be/MjcCEx5Y0wY?t=198

There is a Reduce hotkey at 3:18, but my use of the z key is currently replaced by the z-axis movement.
And the hotkey to increase or decrease the number of segments is also invalid, I am currently using 2021.15

I have always hoped that 3d coat can become my long-term software and can enter my work pipeline, so I always have purchase support, but in terms of the status quo:
1. The new version has too little teaching and the update speed is also very slow.
I think you can find some suitable creators to cooperate and publish, so that new users can learn quickly and expand users.
In my experience, most of the tutorials are very old or fragments, so my learning is very fragmented. I am not very familiar with some functions so far, so currently 3d coat can only be used in my amateur occasional software.

2. There is no applink. I think applink is very important. You can quickly switch to the required software, but the new website page does not have any software corresponding applink, which makes it inconvenient to incorporate it into the work pipeline.

If I continue this state in the long run, it’s really hard for me to have the confidence to continue to support it, but I still hope that this software can be better.

Edited by smer0315

8 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

You can assign any hotkey (free) to +U/-U, +V/-V pressing END.

Press.jpg

Hello, thanks for your reply
I only noticed after reading your reply. It turned out to be a custom hotkey. I thought it was a preset hotkey, so I was always confused.

Sorry for my bad English, because there is no set action in the film, I didn't notice it. After listening carefully for a few times, it seemed to be said in the conversation.

I hope that the software can get better and better in the future.

Edited by smer0315