3DCoat Forums

Voxel Features: Brush-"curve align" and "skulpt curve"

Taros

Hi.

I talked with a acquaintance of mine. He is very experienced in skulpting and using tools like ZB and MB from the beginning. He knows the software "claytools", too.

He told me about a very nice an productive feature, that could be useful for the current version of 3DC:

1. What about the idea to paint curves on the voxel object and use them like pathes or guides for the brush? The brush could automaticly align/snap to the curve and follow the path.

2. What about another idea with curves: You paint a curve. Then you can "drag" the curvepoints and the voxel-skin follows the curve, the skin should be "sticked to the curve". Then it would be very easy and very effective to make sharp voxel-edges.

On the bottom you see my example for the ideas.

3dc_feature01.jpg

• Advanced Member

Yes! I absolutely agree with that sugestion. That is exactly what I was thinking as well. You should allow the curves to be independent of the surface if needed. This would allow the use of slicks, rakes etc with precision to cut as well as add.. If the curves could also look visualy similar to the lines that you indicate. that would be cool- unlike the current curves implementation, which should almost be included as some kind of sweep command. If the curve creation could be as intuitive as Iheartsketch that would be a dream clay tool.