3DCoat Forums

Beginner questions

Starship3D

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

First post here. I'm looking at various 3D options for creating 3d space ships. 3D coat looks great, but I'm a bit concerned about the jaggedness of some of the models I've seen. Is it possible to create clean lines for the final render? Is the general workflow to model with the voxels and then to turn it all into a more simple mesh to get clean lines at the end of the process?

Also in regards to stencils, is it possible for a stencil to produce a varied height when applied? like a bump map? 

• Solution

- Hello

Is the general workflow to model with the voxels and then to turn it all into a more simple mesh to get clean lines at the end of the process?

Yes, use voxel for rough sketches, then use this base mesh to add clean lines doing retopo at Retopo room, or modifying on Modeling Room.

You could have more resolution working in voxels if you have a high end comp, otherwise the traditional thing is to convert the model to surface mode and continue working from there.

it's trial and error until you find your way to work.

These videos show how each artist uses different ways to create hard surfaces.

There is some tools very useful as 

- Vox Hide

- Sketch

• Like 1