3DCoat Forums

Render Requests

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

RENDERING

Please allow users to render at a specific render size in Pixels. For example, I need to render the frames at a specific size for television. A 16:9 aspect ratio. In Vue, Cinema 4D for example you can set the render settings for a specific size. I don't think we need a lot of options, but allowing to type in a specific render size in pixels would be very helpful!

Try this. Place a cube centered directly in the render window, then render it. The cube final render will have extra space on the right hand side of the image where the Render settings panels was. This makes it difficult to easily render the object in the mddle of the viewport. Sure you can move the object to the right to compensate, but it is not the best way.

1) Please make the render area not include the Render Panel or the top Menu. Currently when you render an object your final render is not WYSIWYG or the same as what you are seeing in the render viewport. Currently if you center an object in the window and render you end up with a lot of extra space on the right side and the top of the render due to the fact that the area where the Render Panel and Top Menu are located is also being rendered (only without the Panels and Windows)

2) Please allow users to choose a render size in pixels. For example 1024 x 768 (16:9 aspect ratio) This is important as sometimes you need a specific size.

3) Please allow us to save renders as a .tiff files.

4) Also if there were a setting to allow you to adjust the fps (frames pr second) of the turntable to allow a person to speed up or slow down the rotation speed that would be great!

BUGS

1) When rendering a sequence of images, the frames stay at 0002 frames. For example if I am rendering 180 frames during rendering the frame count stays at 0002/180 instead of progressing as the fames render.

2) Also as the sequence is rendering it says (0 min left) instead of giving me an amount of time left in the render.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

I'd also like it if something happened at the end of the rendering. Just a 'Rendering Complete in 2.53 seconds' message box or something. Currently you have to wait for the rays to go to 320 which isn't quite the fanfare I would expect :)

Finally, to add to the bug list - if I check '32 bits rendering' on my 7800GTX the rendering doesn't really work. I think this is because of some limitation of my card, but could you detect this and remove the option? There shouldn't really be options there that don't ever work :unsure:

• Contributor
I'd also like it if something happened at the end of the rendering. Just a 'Rendering Complete in 2.53 seconds' message box or something. Currently you have to wait for the rays to go to 320 which isn't quite the fanfare I would expect :)

Finally, to add to the bug list - if I check '32 bits rendering' on my 7800GTX the rendering doesn't really work. I think this is because of some limitation of my card, but could you detect this and remove the option? There shouldn't really be options there that don't ever work :unsure:

Does the rendering in 3DC use the GPU instead of th CPU? :unsure: