3DCoat Forums

Disabling previous brush switching

pior

Question

Hello all.

(I am using version 4.9.74, but I believe the topic relates to all versions.)

When pressing the hotkey assigned to a certain brush (for instance, Sculpt Mode - Move) while the brush in question is already active, the previously used brush gets selected (for the sake of the example let's say Vox Hide).

This is incredibly frustrating, since this means that in many cases, pressing the hotkey assigned to a given brush can bring up something completely unrelated. I understand that this UX design may seem clever in theory, but in practice this is a big time waster - at least for me ; because even though I may know that I am already in Move mode, I may still be pressing my usual Move hotkey out of habit/muscle memory ... and end up with Vox Hide.

How does one fully disable this behavior ?

6 answers to this question

Yes, and ? Perhaps something is getting lost in translation. I am asking for help to track a workflow-breaking issue with a piece of software that I paid for. Support staff should at the very least be able to help investigate such issues ... I am not asking for a bug fix here or some dev time on a End Of Life version, just for some help and support to find out if this behavior is intended or not to potentially find a fix or a workaround. After all this could still be an issue for other users in other more recent versions ...

On a related note, I would still like to know how to submit an actual tracked support ticket. Thanks !

Edited by pior