3DCoat Forums

Assigning a colorvalue to a single vertex point.

Stefka

Question

3 answers to this question

Thank you Carlosan.
I think I figured out how I can partially solve my problem. In Factures room I can paint a single vertex with the colour defined in the colour selection.

But even so I now can paint the vertex, I have not jet found the solution for exporting the vertex mesh with the assigned colours. I read that f.e. FBX format or export to Blender works fine. I´m not using Blender and if I import the FBX file to ModelconverterX, there is no colour, even so ModelconverterX claims that they can import coloured vertex meshes. 

I would highly appreciate if anyone could post a very simple coloured vertex mesh, so I can verify where my problem comes from. 

Thank you for the support. 

Factures works similarly to vertex painting; however, you paint with texture, not just color.

The main rule is that you can assign a texture and a color to each vertex. Each vertex on every layer has only ONE texture. So, if you paint with texture over another texture on the current layer, the texture will be replaced, not blended.

Export. Engine/3d-package should support per-vertex color/alpha channel to use FBX exported from Coat. Usually need to set up nodes to use exported results correctly.