3DCoat Forums

Out of Memory during OBJ or FBX Import

Attempting to import a model of around 18mil polys for retopo into 3DCoat. I have 32gb of ram and 3DCoat crashes as it gets close to taking up 4gb mark, I have plenty of ram for this operation. Strange that it would crash around 4gb, which would be the upper limit for memory allocations in a 32-bit context. Please help! I also have a Radeon 6750 XT with 12GB of VRAM. Let me know if you need me to send more info, I'm not sure what else is needed here. Looking at the activity monitor shows I have lots of ram available during the operation.

image.thumb.png.62c1fab4a68343be63e989927f4ba9bd.png

Edited by Hastouki

I'm monitoring both my system ram (32gb) and my VRAM 12Gb, neither of which are anywhere near close to being at capacity. Vram stays at like 2GB and sys ram maxes out at 9gb. This is definitely a bug. Funny thing is, this is a sculpt I made in 3DCoat that I exported into blender, did touchups just for testing, and now I'm trying to bring the sculpt back into 3DCoat, which is failing to import.