3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] [3DCoat Textura] Symmetry together with the freeze tool doesn't always work

Mekky

This has gotten me in trouble numerous times where I had to undo a lot of work because somehow the freeze tool did, or did not freeze whatever I froze on the other side.

image.thumb.png.652e28495bf4bfd72c1a878f1b0c4b2b.png

I subdivided a simple cube a couple of times and enabled symmetry on the X and the Z axis, other than that, I touched nothing. As you can see from this image, it somehow added a frozen square that I did not want to be frozen at all. So imagine me not noticing this until after I started texturing, that's not fun at all.

I've filmed this too but if I can reproduce it easily on a cube, so can you. I guess the problem lies in that I am somehow too fast when selecting? Which is weird because it's all just numbers and mirroring numbers should not cause the program to have an error in calculating the vector I think. But then again, I am no programmer.

The checkbox is enabled and I am in front view (alt+shift while moving) , I thought that it could be my mouse but it also happens on my Wacom. I also tested if there were any inconsistencies in polling of my mouses but they work just fine

Again, I used the Blender default cube and transferred that over with the 3dcoat addon. I did not change any transform so it should be perfectly centered in all dimensions. I also used Blender's Smart UV Project to unwrap but normally I unwrap my objects manually and it happens then too.

Oh and I forgot to show the backside, which is even worse so I added a picture but the video shows exactly what happens. In the video I use my mouse to rule out it being a pressure thing

image.png

Edited by Mekky
a sentence

On 3/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, Oleg_Shapo said:

Try moving the mouse more slowly. I have a non-symmetrical selection occurs if you make quick movements with the mouse.

I don't understand. This is a square that is completely symmetrical and why does this happen with quick movements? It shouldn't happen with quick movements to frank.

This is a really frustrating problem because sometimes I lose a lot of work because the freeze tool did not select what I wanted it to so I have to go al the way back to a previous save. Just moving my mouse more slowly and then checking the entire model again to check if I moved my mouse slowly enough is not a solution. I use the freeze tool a lot so this will severely cut into my productivity which I am not in favor of. I should be able to rely on this tool.

I am sorry if I come across as rude but this has caused so much frustration in the past and I would like to see it resolved.

Edited by Mekky

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] [3DCoat Textura] Symmetry together with the freeze tool doesn't always work
On 3/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, Carlosan said:

Testing v2023.7 this issue was fixed
(i am working on orthogonal view)

image.png

I've been using 2023.07 the last couple of days and so far I have not gotten any discrepancies on either side when using the freeze tool with symmetry.

What I did notice was that merging down any layer that is not "standard blend" on a layer beneath will cause some strange artifacts. But I need to test that a bit more so I can reproduce and I will make another thread for that

• Thanks 1