3DCoat Forums

Edge Polishing

Sui

Go to solution Solved by Elemeno,

• Advanced Member

Hi guys. I've been having hard time working with hard edges and flat surfaces (in voxel sculpting). Is there any tool in 3dcoat that works like edge polishing in Zbrush? Or perhaps some settings would make that work? Also, is there any cutting tool that would work with mask(freeze) on, since Voxel Hide does not do the trick? You have my appreciation.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Sui said:

Hi guys. I've been having hard time working with hard edges and flat surfaces (in voxel sculpting). Is there any tool in 3dcoat that works like edge polishing in Zbrush? Or perhaps some settings would make that work? Also, is there any cutting tool that would work with mask(freeze) on, since Voxel Hide does not do the trick? You have my appreciation.

you mean like the hpolish?

7 hours ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

image.png

Hi! Edges can be processed with the Bevel tool and only by switching to Surface mode.

I don't think he refers to this! I think he refers as elemo said! the hability to have edge polished! in 3dcoat we have Plane and Scrape brushes, but it's difficult to get good results comparing with hpolish.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, MJonathan said:

I don't think he refers to this! I think he refers as elemo said! the hability to have edge polished! in 3dcoat we have Plane and Scrape brushes, but it's difficult to get good results comparing with hpolish.

you can get close to hpolish but ive yet to see anything as close in terms of polishing edges, but if you use flat polish with a smart pinch tool you can get nice smooth crisp edges

• Like 1