3DCoat Forums

The model is tiny in the viewport on import

BPBill

Question

When I bring in a mesh to try autoretopo, I need to zoom in a lot to find it. And then there is only a narrow window before it disappears again. In fact, I thought it simply failed to import the first several times I tried it. But I still can't practically view it. How do you adjust this? I haven't noticed this problem when importing models for other uses. It's funny that the software makes really complicated things feel intuitive. But some seemingly basic things I still can't figure out. 

3 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

Could you describe in more detail the steps to replicate this problem?

I select the lower right menu option for retopo off the main. And then select by OBJ file. Then follow the prompts. There seems to be nothing on the screen but if I keep zooming toward the little axis indicator, I'll see the model if I am careful not to zoom in too much. The OBJ is exported in meters but its a small object that would be better described in mm. I don't have this problem when importing them into the paint room. I use the first retopo option mostly and it works great.