3DCoat Forums

Help my meshes are broken, dunno why

Mikelon

Hello, I have come to request the help of this huge community of sculptors, yesterday I was working on some assets for a video game I am working on, I made a couple of assets and saved my file, today when I wanted to continue working on them, most of them showed signs of being broken, with a transparency where the mesh seems to be damaged, I clarify that I extrude and transform primitive polygons to obtain certain shapes, perhaps it is because of this that the objects are damaged , in ZBrush I remember that when this happened to the mesh it was solved with the "Dynamesh" option, so my query is does this "dynamess" option exist in 3D Coat? or is there another way to avoid this kind of problem? I would appreciate any advice you can give me, I reiterate that I am a beginner in this software and I apologize for my amateurism.

damaged meshes.jpg

Hello 

Usually very messy topology is the cause of problems in 3DCoat.

Avoid interior polygons that are occupying the same space (2 polygons) verts extruding through the exterior surface a little. These also can cause rendering errors.

Any Ngon polygons need to be triangulated.

In the Voxtree, the volume will either be identified with a V for voxels (aka Dynamesh) or an S for surface (polygon mode). Click the letter to toggle the opposite.

On 12/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, digman said:

When importing it add some inner thickness. The setting is in the import panel. I used 0.140 for the inner thickness. Res + 2 to 3 times after importing into surface mode so that when you switch to voxel mode, the model will not have the facet polygon structure. 

Voxels require thickness to import correctly not just a polygon shell. Surface mode is not a problem as it is polygons.

After importing it, run fill voids as the interior of the model will have a void, thickness yes but a voxel void. 

panel.PNG