3DCoat Forums

A few super-basic painting/decal questions

Turner

Question

Hi all,

Haven't used 3DC in a really long time, and when I did, I just kinda goofed around with it... :)

My version is 3DCoat 2022 Individual.

I have a few projects that need some of the features I think 3DC can provide, but honestly I don't remember where to start! There are a few objects I want to use - some are generally flat, but others undulate a bit (a tapestry, a paper coffee bag, coffee cup, and some pillows) and are usually in .obj format. I have and usually use Rhino to create my 3D object, or get the objects from other resources. Blender is mostly my target app for rendering/environments.

I'd like to:

1) paint color & some shading/wear/tear directly on to the objects,
2) Create some labels, decals, & text in other software (I typically use Illustrator/Photoshop) and import & apply to objects so that it looks sharp.

Process would be Import > paint or decal > export > import to Blender

So - feeling like I'm coming back to 3DC as someone who's never used it except to paint a robot... where should I start?
Note that I'd rather not go through full interface/features tutorials at the moment since I need to get a working "proof of concept", though I can certainly go through anything absolutely necessary for this process.

thanks!

Edited by Turner

1 answer to this question