3DCoat Forums

Transform- how to end transformation?

LenyNero

I have run into wall here.

I start my voxel with a ball.

I then use the transform tool to create an oval (egg shape)

Now all tools that I apply to this transformed object also seem to have the same transformation applied to them.

Is there a way of after you transform an object to use tools on it without them being influenced by the original transformation?

Thanks,

Leny

Unfortunately not. It's been on my list of "feature requests to make", but I haven't had much time lately to post them.

There is a work around of course;

Apply your transformation as needed

Create a new layer (scale the resolution as need to match the layer in question)

Then right click on the problematic layer, merge or move it to the newly created layer

This will solve your problems, while it's a few extra steps then just ticking a button that could do this, hopefully in the future we can have a toggleable way of applying transformations.

Unfortunately not. It's been on my list of "feature requests to make", but I haven't had much time lately to post them.

There is a work around of course;

Create a new layer (scale the resolution as need to match the layer in question)

Then right click on the problematic layer, merge or move it to the newly created layer

This will solve your problems, while it's a few extra steps then just ticking a button that could do this, hopefully in the future we can have a toggleable way of applying transformations.

That fixes it ;-)

Thanks Jarvis, great Tutorial on Saturday.

Cheers!

David :drinks:

• Advanced Member

How do you match layer resolutions? (i.e. how do you know what resolution a layer is)

Thanks,

Robbie

How do you match layer resolutions? (i.e. how do you know what resolution a layer is)

Thanks,

Robbie

Unfortunately at the moment, there is no indicator to show what resolution you're currently at. I'm going to be putting in a bunch of feature requests soon, and this is on my list. :)

Basically what I do, is jot down what level the resolution is on the problem layer, create a new one and increase the resolution to match the problem layer. Then merge/move the old to the new.