3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Painting Curves - How to create branches/intersects?

Silversurfer1221

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Hello. I am use Textura to texture my models. On one, I want to create raised areas (i.e. depth) using the Curves tool to paint some lines. I can create one line (a curve with several points that's shaped as I like) just fine. But what if I want that line to have 'branches' or intersects? Is there a way to start drawing the curve, laying down points, tell 3D-Coat/Textura to start a NEW point not connected to the old curve OR start a new curve from an existing point, such as one midway on the curve (i.e. branching). The main reason I am interested in this is I am using the curve tool to create raised areas on the model. If I create a curve with depth and finish it, then create a second curve with depth that touches or overlaps it, the depth is added to the old curve, too, making a 'bump' there. So, what if I wanted to make a 'T' shape, for example or a cross (+) ... how would I do that keeping the same depth (no additional raised area where the lines meet or overlap)?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Painting Curves - How to create branches/intersects?