3DCoat Forums

LMDE 6 | 3DCoat 2023.37 | Installation

mikeyjoel

Question

Hi 3DCoat Community! I'm running into an issue when trying to install the software onto /opt/3DCoat-2023.37 and then creating a symlink to /usr/local/bin.

What's Working?

The good news is that the program does launch from the Nemo File Manager when located on my $HOME path with no issues when launching it using the 3dcoat-Ubuntu20.04 binary.

Not Working

It produces the following error when trying to launch the symlink from /usr/local/bin/3dcoat after executing

ln -s /opt/3DCoat-2023.37/3dcoat-Ubuntu20.04 /usr/local/bin/3dcoat

3dcoat: error while loading shared libraries: libtbb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is probably because of environment variables being missing. I've tried hunting down the forum but the link for the linux shortcut pdf/documentation is not available (404 HTTPS status code):

http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/LinuxDocs/LinuxShortcut.pdf

It does crash when attempting to select a sculpture surface if executing 3dcoat-Ubuntu22.04 on LMDE 6.

System Summary

KERNEL: 6.1.0-13-amd64

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

GPU DRIVER: NVIDIA 525.125.06

RAM: 32 GB

Thank you all in advance!

Edited by mikeyjoel

2 answers to this question

Hello

Looks as your system is missing the tbb library. Try fixing (on Ubuntu) like so

sudo apt-get install libtbb2

You can send any linux support-related questions to Sergyi Kryzhanovsky at
support.linux@3d-coat.com

Related

• Thanks 1

Thank you for these resources. Once I'm back on the lab I'll go ahead and try again today. The library libtbb2 was installed but seeing how there's a script involved in the process to change to the directory, it requires a working directory involved.

Our goal is to have the installation in the /opt directory with root permissions for shared network accounts coming from an ldap directory. If this works all well and natively (no wine involved like I've seen around) , well definitely purchase a license pack after the team has tested via the trial.

I'll sit down and proceed on writing a Python script for automating the deployment via Ansible/MDM once completed and share here as well.

Thank you in advance!

• Thanks 1