3DCoat Forums

paint mesh errors/ retopology errors

checkhicon

Question

ok.......so I'm not sure if this is a ME problem! or a software problem.  But for the life of me, I cannot get any of my models out of the retopo stage and into the painting room.  I thought it was an export limitation issue and decided to pay for the license but...  Nope.  No solution.  I also have been running into problems with Virtual Symmetry/Symmetry and that irritating "error" you clicked on the wrong side of mirror so now your modeling experience is gonna be confusing... congratulations.  I have spent countless hours watching video after video that runs an hour to 3 hours in some cases but somehow does not cover any of the problems I run into with this software.  I am so close to ripping this program out of my computer for making me waste months of my time beating a dead horse.  I cant export textures correctly I'm still trying to figure out the rocket science behind getting your model into clip studio paint, so I can finally do some art and not lose all my poly groups when I press apply UV set....  End Rant. 

sisiallmostdone_006.3b.jpg

bonkmixamom_body_color.png

bonkmixamom3_ears_color.png

2 answers to this question

sisiallmostdone_007_3b.thumb.jpg.f0cec51875d57b078fc357b60ab84969.jpgsisiallmostdone_007_3b.thumb.jpg.c02467a16ba57f7cbd37e826ffe8e2e2.jpgProgress! Thank You.  Switched the padding value to (16) like you said and switched out the duplicate UV layers.  There is some errors still in my model, but with room for improvement and a little can DO attitude + your help I have officially created my first 3D model after almost a year and some change. To finally bless some 3D models with my ART using Clip EX was my primary motivation.  So with a Shout Out! to Carlosan and ME! for not giving up.  For making a decision and sticking to it...  YOU Rock in rock n roll.  

sisiallmostdone_007.3b.jpg

• Like 1

As the warning popup shows

image.png

Try renaming it.

Dont forget to turn OFF Show voxels on paint room

image.png

Also on Edit > Preferences > In/Out use lower padding values (16), it looks very high

image.png

If this steps still get error, you can ask for refund as sales@3dcoat.com