3DCoat Forums

Fill with Freeze "0" has no effect

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the answer!

Interesting, I don't perceive this as logical at all.

What I would expect is that "Fill with 0 Freeze" would actually fill the mesh with 0 freeze, meaning that it inverts the effect of "Freeze with 1" , by "unfreezing" it.

So I would expect a freeze of 0.5, to add a mask with opacity of 50%, and a Freeze of 1.0, to add 100% freeze, and, a freeze fill of 0, adding 0%, meaning that part then should be unmasked again.
Why should it be logical that fill with zero freeze simply adds no freeze? Then this option is kinda redundant, right? If it simply does nothing. If I don't wanna fill any area with Freeze, I simply don't click it. I wouldn't go and click on objects to fill them with 0 freeze if that does nothing. Unless I'm overlooking something,

What I want to achieve is to simply "fill unfreezed", meaning I want to exclude parts of the already frozen objects from freeze by filling it with non freezed areas. And I thought this option of 0 should do exactly that. If you know any other way, without having to manually unpaint the freeze, and accidentally hit other objects in perimeter by trying that, I'd be thankful.

Edited by Henry Townshend
clariy

As the hint said: The maximum amount of freeze applied to the filled area

So fill at 0 = no freeze

This option is kinda redundant > yes

You need fill with unfreeze, its a nice feature agree

Are any of this commands helpful to your workflow ?

image.png

• Advanced Member

Thanks again, and glad  you agree, so I'm not nuts :P

Unfortunately, for filling only parts of a geo on a paint object with multiple separate geometric parts, all those options are not exactly helpful, tho all great stuff.

It would be great if we could simply "Fill with Unfreeze", or have that 0 option do exactly that. I think having the zero option would be the easier one for devs. Or maybe a tickbox "fill invert freeze", whatever would be the lowest hanging fruit, would be great.

It makes sense right? cause if you are offered the ability to fill smth. with freeze, the opposite should also exist.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 9:21 PM, Carlosan said:

The function was resumed on Fill w/erase

image.png

Thanks for the update.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. If I use "Fill with Eraser", that doesn't erase any Freezing. Could you elaborate what you mean by "Resumed"?

Edited by Henry Townshend
correct terms

• Advanced Member
On 3/28/2024 at 11:13 PM, Carlosan said:

Fill with eraser work over color, not freeze.

And with the point being? I don't understand what you mean. My post was about the current inability to fill something with "non-freeze" in 3D Coat, which is an oversight. I do not understand what filling with eraser has to do with it, or adds to the point in any way.