3DCoat Forums

Smart Materials are Overloading My OneDrive

RudyRG3D

Question

Hello,

I am trying to find a way around an issue I am having. Maybe it is something that I am completely missing, but I cannot find a solution. I am using 3DCoat Textura 2023.28.

When I install 3DCoat Textura (new SSD and Windows) there are some files that auto-install to the 'Documents Folder' in Windows Explorer...I cannot change this no matter what, and the issue that keeps happening is that when I want to install my Smart Materials, these too are installed into the same location in the Documents Folder...in turn, overloading my OneDrive when it syncs. I try un-syncing them, but then I have a constant red "X" that always lets me know there is an issue with the Documents folder. This is very annoying.

Is there anyway that 3DCoat Textura can just reference Material Libraries (Smart Materials) from a different location on my PC? I have many of these (Smart Material Libraries) already setup on a different Drive, but I cannot find an easy way to do this. I thought for sure this would be an option...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank You,

Rudy

3 answers to this question

you welcome.

Yes, that happens when you have OneDrive installed, I didn't mention it.

Issues with OneDrive installed

“3DCoat” is trying to create a user data folder (which contains user settings and assets) inside “C:\Users\USER_NAME\OneDrive\???????\3DCoat”.
That is incorrect. It should create it inside “C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\3DCoat”.

To workaround this problem:
Start > start typing “Edit the system environment variables” > Environment Variables… > System variables > New… >
Variable name: COAT_USER_PATH
Variable value: C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\My3DCoatData (specify your user name inside)

COAT_USER_PATH.png