3DCoat Forums

Symmetrical primitives

philnolan3d

Voxel primitives should follow the symmetry rules. For example, I just used a primitive sphere to make an eye ball for my character. I would assume that if I make the right eye with symmetry on the left eye would also be made. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make the other eye now.

Voxel primitives should follow the symmetry rules. For example, I just used a primitive sphere to make an eye ball for my character. I would assume that if I make the right eye with symmetry on the left eye would also be made. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make the other eye now.

It would actually be good if there was a symmetry button for voxels that worked similarly to the way that the symmetry button in the retopo tool works.

• Advanced Member
I'm not really sure how I'm going to make the other eye now.

I've had this come up too, but I usually just 'clone with symmetry' (and move volume if I

need it to be in same volume as the other eye).

I agree that symmetry with primitives would save a bit of the extra time, tho...

• Advanced Member

Phil, I had this exact problem a few days ago, I created a sphere in Voxels with Symmetry on but the sphere was not duplicated. I found the best way was to create a sphere primitive in Voxels as they do work with symmetry but I agree it would be great if symmetry would work with voxel objects. :)

I've had this come up too, but I usually just 'clone with symmetry' (and move volume if I

need it to be in same volume as the other eye).

I agree that symmetry with primitives would save a bit of the extra time, tho...

Thanks I forgot about Clone With Symmetry. I managed to finagle a copy into the right place by using Axial and Transform.

• Advanced Member
Thanks I forgot about Clone With Symmetry. I managed to finagle a copy into the right place by using Axial and Transform.

Actually all primitives working in symmetry...EXCEPT Sphere...but you can use a Ellipse instead of it. It will be copied and is still a sphere by default... :declare:

greez, Rene