3DCoat Forums

Hot key for strokes

LJB

• Advanced Member

agreed...I'd actually hope for something 1 step more, which is the ability to hotkey ANY

function...but it's an old request, and I'd much sooner hope for things like brush profile

editors and greater user control over the smooth stroke (similar to Zbrush) :D

at any rate, good suggestion! ;):good:

• Contributor

Right! It would be great!

And i descovered i work with mouse not less than tablet, so it would be great to have acess to mouse buttons, 4 and 5.

All modern 3d programs allow to use them. Even conservative enough C4D use mouse 4 and 5 buttons by default.

Full hotkeys customization is like business card of program - it shows that software respect its users.

• Contributor
agreed...I'd actually hope for something 1 step more, which is the ability to hotkey ANY

function...but it's an old request, and I'd much sooner hope for things like brush profile

editors and greater user control over the smooth stroke (similar to Zbrush) :D

at any rate, good suggestion! ;):good:

Agreed Profiles would be great and with the abillity to save your own choice of default stroke to each pen. one other thing that confuses me is why the Focal shift is not enabled by Default? it provides much moire control over the brush so its another option that needs to be included in the profile. Negative focal shift and sharp alpha give a good tight stroke (Almost ideal for crease detail) here in 3d coat but focal shift stays where you put it and unlike smooth it should be tied down to the specific pen, meaning you then have toadjust it for every brush as you use. Another painful un needed process.

Tinker - Yes hotkey for everything would also be nice.