3DCoat Forums

efflux WIP

efflux

Here is my first 3D Coat sculpt. In fact my first serious 3D model of any kind. I've mostly been working with procedural landscape apps. I've worked with polygon modelling but it never appealed to me. I've been studying anatomy so this sculpt is made up with no reference.

I intended to take it further. Some things need tweaked but I'm quite happy with it as is. I may just tweak this slightly and move to something else. My computer is slow so I can't get into a lot of detail. I intend to upgrade my system to quad core (Linux).

I bought a licence for 3D Coat v2 and just tried to upgrade to v3 Linux but there is some kind of payment problem. I'll find out what is wrong and sort that. This is created with the demo.

post-1148-12549723681907_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Here is my first 3D Coat sculpt. In fact my first serious 3D model of any kind. I've mostly been working with procedural landscape apps. I've worked with polygon modelling but it never appealed to me. I've been studying anatomy so this sculpt is made up with no reference.

I intended to take it further. Some things need tweaked but I'm quite happy with it as is. I may just tweak this slightly and move to something else. My computer is slow so I can't get into a lot of detail. I intend to upgrade my system to quad core (Linux).

I bought a licence for 3D Coat v2 and just tried to upgrade to v3 Linux but there is some kind of payment problem. I'll find out what is wrong and sort that. This is created with the demo.

great structure smile.gif

Thanks.

Here is something else I've been working on. It's a mannequin to use as a sculpting base. All parts are separate layers. I decided to limit it's structure to very basic shapes, using just primitives and simple curves. The grey parts can be subtracted but I don't want to model a skeleton, just a guide to maybe skin with other curves or build muscles. It's an eight head proportion but there is no ideal. Everyone is different. Only very tall people are eight heads. It's a good starting point. Having said that, I haven't tried to sculpt over it yet. I thought it would be very cool if we could save curves. Then we could have a collection of quick building blocks to create basic clean forms. I wish we could do this.

post-1148-1254975555759_thumb.jpg