3DCoat Forums

How to export from Per Pixel painting to Game Sprite

T.H. ROCK

• Advanced Member

I made this sword, quite scarred and some blood on the blade as it was intended to be a vampiric type of sword.

I modeled the sword in Hexagon and did the sculping for the head/hair in Voxels, then exported to Per Pixel Paint.

There was a request made to me if I knew how to covert this 3D file into a sprite or as they called it a PAK file for use in a 2D game.

I've played games, but never got into the mechanics of them. Any help and guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

post-1810-12552677801474_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

I made this sword, quite scarred and some blood on the blade as it was intended to be a vampiric type of sword.

I modeled the sword in Hexagon and did the sculping for the head/hair in Voxels, then exported to Per Pixel Paint.

There was a request made to me if I knew how to covert this 3D file into a sprite or as they called it a PAK file for use in a 2D game.

I've played games, but never got into the mechanics of them. Any help and guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

looks sharp.....here's a link for some info on the 3D conversion...there are tons of 3D and game related topics at this link (hope it helps) ;

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/

http://www.gamedev.n...p?categoryid=78

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Creating a PAK File Format<BR itxtvisited="1">[Added: 9/6/2003] Raymond Wilson Demonstrates one way of organising all your game related media files in to a single "PAK", or resource, file.