3DCoat Forums

X-RAY for VoxTree

DRAWINGTANK

This one don't fulfill your prospects?

Hi Taros

Thank you for the Tip !

Yes it gets the job done... I just never thought that a Skin shader would give this effect (why is it called skin btw ? )

It would still be nice to get an option as i have describe so I can keep the material I have on instead of having to apply a different material

or Andrew could create a new dedicated X-Ray shader like the image below

duckalienxray.jpg

Or you could do it... I guess, there is a tutorial somewhere, how to make own shaders. It is something that interests me too.

But I think, 3DC don't needs so much shaders. It is a "serve tool" that helps to create models for animation solutions like Maya, 3DS Max or Softimage and all this tools. There you finish normally your image, with all the cool materials and this stuff.

Or you could do it... I guess, there is a tutorial somewhere, how to make own shaders. It is something that interests me too.

But I think, 3DC don't needs so much shaders. It is a "serve tool" that helps to create models for animation solutions like Maya, 3DS Max or Softimage and all this tools. There you finish normally your image, with all the cool materials and this stuff.

I have to Disagree Taros

Zbrush has some really cool shader ( X-Ray )& others and some cool rendering options and its in the same category as 3DC

i think its crazy to spend Maya, 3DS Max, Softimage or Modo money all above 1000 dollars btw to just get cool renderings or turntable animation out of

IMO :)

Besides I don't have any of them :(

OK, basically you are right. But it depends what your work target is. If you are serving "only" pure models for companies, than it is ok, to have a "simple" shader or a turnaround render for presentations.

But if you need more than this, for example renderings for print or games, then it is an advantage to have one of the mentioned tools.

But there are alternatives too, for example blender, THE open source animation solution. Blender is since very strong and bet all the tools that "professional" tools bet, too. It is really incredible, what this tool offers.

OK, basically you are right. But it depends what your work target is. If you are serving "only" pure models for companies, than it is ok, to have a "simple" shader or a turnaround render for presentations.

But if you need more than this, for example renderings for print or games, then it is an advantage to have one of the mentioned tools.

But there are alternatives too, for example blender, THE open source animation solution. Blender is since very strong and bet all the tools that "professional" tools bet, too. It is really incredible, what this tool offers.

I have heard some really good things regarding Blender as well

It actually has fluids in the new version if i understood correctly !