3DCoat Forums

New Fill Type - Blended Box mapping

GeeJay

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I would like to suggest adding blended box mapping as a fill type to the fill tool. What it does is use standard cube mapping but with blended edges so you don't have to worry about seams. It is a great way to add an irregular layer like noise or grunge over the model.

It is described in detail here. I am under the impression it would be easy to implement as the mapping functionality is already there. Ideally it would support picking additional maps for each side of the cube.

If there is a way to do something like this already using the provided tools I would like to hear about it.

Cheers,

George

• Contributor

Hi,

I would like to suggest adding blended box mapping as a fill type to the fill tool. What it does is use standard cube mapping but with blended edges so you don't have to worry about seams. It is a great way to add an irregular layer like noise or grunge over the model.

It is described in detail here. I am under the impression it would be easy to implement as the mapping functionality is already there. Ideally it would support picking additional maps for each side of the cube.

If there is a way to do something like this already using the provided tools I would like to hear about it.

Cheers,

George

There is already nice seamless cube-mapping in Fill tool. :brush:

Just select Add Custom as Modulation type,there you can create custom filling

:look for 'Mapping type' parameter ,there you can choose Cube-Mapping.

Happy Coating :)