3DCoat Forums

3DC training in Digital Tutors?...

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

I have a subscription to Digital Tutors, and in a survey they sent me, I requested that they include a title for 3D Coat. I wonder if everyone here visited them and put in a similar request, if it might help influence their decision. Plus, getting training there will help give 3DC more exposure in the industry. Not only helping the program grow, but more jobs at studios that use it.

http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/index.php

• Contributor

I have a subscription to Digital Tutors, and in a survey they sent me, I requested that they include a title for 3D Coat. I wonder if everyone here visited them and put in a similar request, if it might help influence their decision. Plus, getting training there will help give 3DC more exposure in the industry. Not only helping the program grow, but more jobs at studios that use it.

http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/index.php

That's a good idea but they may want to wait for 3.2 and a stable toolset. Some procedures need work before anyone would spend money on learning how do do something that may change in the not to distant.

• Reputable Contributor

That's a good idea but they may want to wait for 3.2 and a stable toolset. Some procedures need work before anyone would spend money on learning how do do something that may change in the not to distant.

By the time the would have the training available, it wouldn't be on 3.2..plus lot's of programs, including Maya, have rather buggy releases currently, so, I doubt that's enough to prevent them.

I think the biggest impediment is probably finding qualified professionals to teach it. It's still relatively new, but plenty powerful. Dwayne Ferguson has a number of training titles for other software over at vtc.com, and he's a big 3DC advocate...so maybe he could lead the charge. But I think he's working on a movie project or short at the moment, so it may be too much to put on his plate.