3DCoat Forums

WordPress

This is pretty off-topic but I just had to share.

As of May 1st Blogger disabled their FTP feature, which meant my blog was basically dead. So I started looking at other options and decided on WordPress. I must say it was fairly easy to install and has an extremely professional interface. As I'm editing posts or moderating comments I feel like I'm on some fancy big company's website and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm on my own site. it even has a super simple tool that imported all of my old posts from Blogger. I'm just using the default theme, slightly altered to match my site better but have a look, I may tweak the theme some more but I think it looks great!

http://www.philnolan3d.com (click WIPs & News)

I even got the WordPress iPhone app to edit on the go. The best feature is that it was all FREE!

Looks good Phil, but you shouldn't trap pages in frames like that. You could use 'target=_blank' or something like that with your links. Example: in your WIP area, Medical Animation & Glen Southern, Glen's whole page shows up in a frame on your page.

Anyhow, good stuff otherwise!

Ian

Thanks I'll have to edit that. It didn't do that before so it must have changed during the import process from Blogger. Any future links will link outside the frame like the ones in the side panel do.

Edit: Fixed it.

• Advanced Member

Wordpress is great for my needs. I run 5 sites powered by WP, none of them blogs.

You can run it as a page-based CMS without the daily posts stuff.

Lots of free themes, great plugins and admin features such as automatically email database backups (plugin)