3DCoat Forums

CapitalShip-Space craft

Polygoon

• Advanced Member

This Capital space ship is going to be a Diplomatic vessel, believe it or not - (all the guns are for self defence, such is the need for negotiators to feel safe). Its for a mod. for the strategy game "Sins of a Solar Empire".

It has been good little project for me in that I have learnt a lot about how to use 3DCoat. I'm sure though, I'm just scratching the surface as to what this Gem of a program can do. And I'll still have to work out how to bake and render the textures so they will look how they do now in the game.

127942296679.jpg

127942286052.jpg

127942259730.jpg

• Applink Developer

Excelent job. I just love to see nice space ships done by 3d-coat. It's not the easiest task but you have done a nice job.

There is some parts of texture I'm not so keen of but I think that they are following the style of your mod. Keep it up.

• Advanced Member

Thanks guy's,

And yes, there are some parts there where I know I defiantly can make some improvements, especially on the way I have done the UV's and seams. Also, the next model I make will be designed so as to be more friendly to being symmetrised and painting with depth.

And yes it is going to be a diplomatic vessel. - Now who was that famous actor who said "diplomacy is always more favourable when you have a gun."

Might have been Clint Eastwood, I can't remember, sounds like something Dirty Harry would say.

• Advanced Member

Thank you.

Yes me too, Once I get my UV's done better, I will be able to increase the resolution of some parts of the ship, particularly where the widows are on either side of the ship. I am going to have to create some overlaps to do this, which I may need to do in SoftImage so that I can snap the points directly over each other (Haven't work out a way to do this accurately in 3DCoat yet). The dilemma I am facing with doing this is how it will effect the occlusion. I guess some flipping here and there will help IDK.