3DCoat Forums

bug reports from offline workstation

Hirazi Blue

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm hoping some friendly moderator will move it, if it isn't.

Today I once again had 3D Coat crashing on me. This happens sometimes and usually is the result of very fundamental user error. However, when confronted with the webpage that would enable me to send in a bug report, I am yet again faced with the fact, that my workstation doesn't have an internet connection (yes, I'm typing this from another computer ;) ). So the obvious question would be, where would I have to send my bug reports to, as I can easily copy/paste the text into a text file, but haven't gotten a clue on where to send it to...

• Reputable Contributor

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm hoping some friendly moderator will move it, if it isn't.

Today I once again had 3D Coat crashing on me. This happens sometimes and usually is the result of very fundamental user error. However, when confronted with the webpage that would enable me to send in a bug report, I am yet again faced with the fact, that my workstation doesn't have an internet connection (yes, I'm typing this from another computer ;) ). So the obvious question would be, where would I have to send my bug reports to, as I can easily copy/paste the text into a text file, but haven't gotten a clue on where to send it to...

Support@3d-coat.com

Please try to replicate the issue with a screen video capture recording, so as to help Andrew quickly get to the root of the problem. He can usually determine what's wrong just by seeing that screen capture, and it let's him get straight to work on a fix....rather than spending a lot of time trying to diagnose what is wrong. Jing, BB Flashback Express, and CamStudio (I believe there is a free version), are among the free resources available. It really does help.

Thanks for your reply! :good:

If and when the problem is reproducible (by me), I will try to make a screen capture.

At the moment I'm still having too many problems retracing my steps to find out what went wrong, though, as I am starting to venture out into parts of the software I have never been before. :blink: