3DCoat Forums

Edit model with original polygons

lc8b105

• Advanced Member

If 3DB can import a model with original polygons(do not do any subdivisionsubsection ),then we can edit the model one polygon by one polygon exactly in the sculpt mode(ZBrush and modo alreay have this feature). Now though we can view the model in low poly mode,but this is not which we can control the original polygons exactly.Hope 3DB will have this ability.

• Advanced Member

If I have a model with only 2000 polygons,and I want to adjust the positions of every polygon exactly,I mean only change the geometry of the model.

But when you load it into 3D-brush,the model will be subdivision(minimize is 300000 polygons).

I want 3DB can add an option,that can load a model without any subdivision,for example,I have a model with 2000 polygons,then I load it into

3D-Brush,it is will also 2000 polygons in 3DB,not above 300000 polygons,then I can adjust the positions of every polygon exactly in sculpt tool.

This also can be explain as "load an object without any subdivision".

Hope you could understand. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Maybe we could understand it in an other form: add a new view mode---"view in Low poly mode without displacement and normalmap ",and also,it's better provide a tool that we could move every pointers and edges of the mesh.

Maybe we could understand it in an other form: add a new view mode---"view in Low poly mode without displacement and normalmap ",and also,it's better provide a tool that we could move every pointers and edges of the mesh.

Yes, I plan to make tweak tool for 3DB. Year and half ago I have made tweak tool for Wings3D :)