3DCoat Forums

Subdivision-->Nurbs resolved! SubDNURBS

• Reputable Contributor
Actually, I think it is an invitation for other developers to collaborate with them to utilize the technology within their software...maybe it's aimed at Autodesk products like their other products. I have a seat of one of their products, PowerNurbs, and it's pretty amazing. It has me considering retopologizing hard surface objects with it, from now on.

• Advanced Member

I would recommend checking out T-splines for Rhino. www.tsplines.com

Rhino 3d has long been a favorite of mine. T-splines works great with it and is fully NURBS compatible. The T-splines forum is actually where

I heard about 3d-coat. Someone had mentioned how nice the retopology tools are. I want to explore that workflow. I like the idea of being able

to sculpt without constraints, then retopologize , then bring the mesh into Rhino and use T-splines to convert to NURBS so that I can then be able

to machine the part.

• Reputable Contributor

I would recommend checking out T-splines for Rhino. www.tsplines.com

Rhino 3d has long been a favorite of mine. T-splines works great with it and is fully NURBS compatible. The T-splines forum is actually where

I heard about 3d-coat. Someone had mentioned how nice the retopology tools are. I want to explore that workflow. I like the idea of being able

to sculpt without constraints, then retopologize , then bring the mesh into Rhino and use T-splines to convert to NURBS so that I can then be able

to machine the part.

I did that recently with a PoP display...sculpted out the concept/shape in 3DC; did a straight export to Max, and simply traced the object with Curves using PowerNurbs. Went from there to the production dept.