3DCoat Forums

normal and specular maps...

nuverian

I wonder... is is somehow able :brush: to load a normal and/or specular map and show it?

Without it it breaks the workflow I think...For example, I created a normal map and specular of my model from :brush: and then, the next day, I want to do a slight change, so I load them in Photoshop and do so...

But then... what I have for final and what I have in :brush: doesnt much...

One way I tought it could be easily done, is through the external editor synchronization (in "commands"), but from what I can see, only color maps are exported with this method...right?

Thanks in advance...

(maybe this thread could be in "requests" forum.Couldn't decide :blink: )

It seems that you can export import specular map. But normal map... This question was discussed there several times. I think some day it will be done, but it is really complex mathematical problem.

Yes, syncronisation is done only for color. May be I can synk specular like alpha-channel... But depth... ?

I cant find how to import specular map :huh:

My suggestion on normal map import is that:

The loaded normal map will be loaded with an overlay blend mode to the allready existing one...The high poly mesh will not realy be displaced by that map since I understand this is hard to be done correctly. But if it is overlayed then I think that it will suffice..

About synch, I have some nice ideas (as well as others) wich I will share when I have fully discovered the software, since I dont want to tell inacurate things :)