3DCoat Forums

Auto retopoligy in 3dc then retopoligize in z4 high res mesh via goz?

goddog

Hi guys new to 3DC just on a trail.

Just want to know how to go about this I have a res painted zbrush model not textured no normals ,just alphas and paint.

wana get auto retopoligize it in 3DC then snap the retopligized /decimated mesh to the highres mesh so that it keeps the high res skin and keep the low poly count

so that I could Uv master it or Goz it into 3Dmax for rigging and

animating it paint and all.

Or can I copy my retopoligised mesh detials from the high res over to the the low auto retopligized meshin 3DC.

Or can I paint my tretopoligize mesh in 3DC and use the aplink to export all data uvs and all to max?

Wish it was like all auto like Goz but ass you paint in 3dc it does so in 3DMAX live no uvs or special transfer methods just boom bang and dusted !

Thanks ,

Hope this makes sence to someone out there that knows animation pipeline 2010 3dMax,zbrush4, 3dcoat 3.5 .

goddog

• Reputable Contributor

Hi guys new to 3DC just on a trail.

Just want to know how to go about this I have a res painted zbrush model not textured no normals ,just alphas and paint.

wana get auto retopoligize it in 3DC then snap the retopligized /decimated mesh to the highres mesh so that it keeps the high res skin and keep the low poly count

so that I could Uv master it or Goz it into 3Dmax for rigging and

animating it paint and all.

Or can I copy my retopoligised mesh detials from the high res over to the the low auto retopligized meshin 3DC.

Or can I paint my tretopoligize mesh in 3DC and use the aplink to export all data uvs and all to max?

Wish it was like all auto like Goz but ass you paint in 3dc it does so in 3DMAX live no uvs or special transfer methods just boom bang and dusted !

Thanks ,

Hope this makes sence to someone out there that knows animation pipeline 2010 3dMax,zbrush4, 3dcoat 3.5 .

goddog

You can import the high-res mesh into the Retopo Room, and then build your lower poly retopo'ed mesh over that (it snaps to the hight-res). I would do all the UV and painting in 3DC, as the toolset is far more robust for the task. If that is what you choose to do, you would then want to export (via the Retopo menu from the menu bar) the result to either PPP (Per Pixel Painting mode...normal map based relief) or MicroVertex (Displacement map relief...although you have the option upon export to bake a normal map as well as displacement).

• Advanced Member

Do as AbnRanger suggests.

I always work with these too fine apps. Last night in one hour, I started, just for testing, an asteroid like in voxels and topology, > zbrush, here I changed my mind and converted to a head like (lol) remeshed and reprojected, then again to 3dc as voxels, new elements, auto-retopo fast, again to zbrush, but I needed more LOL, again to 3dc (just a lo-res as guid), new vox layer, playing with curves tool, fast retopo_UVs, export from MV (hi-poly mesh, reconstructed subs in zbrush, painting and export again for more painting, did displacement maps, reimported just the map, applied displ in zbrush tool, and so on ..... what do you think? LOL possibilities are endless. These two apps can work together without even an applink.

As there're two ways for retopo an existing obj in 3dc, I suggest you to drop it to voxels (3dc keeps scaling). Its the file/import for autopo function. If you like autopo (using loops of course) and know how to fix some problems. Normally zbrush will ask you to convert n-gons to tris (the zb2 compatible option) but if you have also UVs this will mess it. Better edit in retopo room so not to have these. retopo menu/select/ngons.

The best way to export to zbrush is via MV room. Export the hi-def mesh and use re construct subs in zbrush. As these are quads you'll have a first class multi-res mesh with nice UVs.

I'm talking too much today. :drinks: