3DCoat Forums

Freeze/Mask Voxels

ghib

• Advanced Member

I'm not a new user to 3DC but I have hardly touched voxels for many many months. Thought I'd give them a go again for some freeform sculpting and hit this stumbling block.

Is there a freeze tool for Voxels? I noticed that if you activate the pose tool there is a kind of freeze in there, but if you try to switch to another tool the mask disappears. Also noticed the freeze if you switch to surface mode but just wondered if it was available in voxel mode.

Cheers

darn, just noticed the post about 20 threads down by dirtrobot. PSmith said to use the Hide tool I'll give that a shot.. Doesn't sound very intuitive though

• Advanced Member

Thanks phil, I think the freeze tool is working ok for most things right now but like you said it doesn't work with everything; like I just noticed that if you paint freeze then switch to the pose tool with 'Select with Pen' option, all your painting is erased. I expected it to keep what I'd painted as it seems like the same system (only the inverse effect).