3DCoat Forums

Lines mode in fill tool

indigone

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the fill tool with a gradient. I'm having trouble putting point 1 and point 2 where I want them I'm sure I'm just not using my mouse correctly. How can I select the point and move it where I want it? Is there a way I can edit its coordinates manually? When I first put them on, they seem to want to be placed on the surface, but I want them in "space". Thank you for your time.

I'm trying to use "gradient filling" When you select "lines mode" you can fill with a gradient of color from the current color to secondary. You must choos two points to define the vector that is the direction of the gradient. I'm having trouble getting that vector where I want it. Sorry for the confusion, let me know if that still doesn't make sense.

Some progress. If I close 3d-Coat and reopen it, I can select the fill tool, and check the "lines mode". At that time, the vector is vertical with selectable ends. I have one chance to move each end to a different position. So if I select the front camera I can get the xy coordinates correct, but the z slides whichever way it wants. At least I get one chance :)

I'd like to know if I'm just doing something wrong or whether this is something that could be enhanced. Thanks.

• Advanced Member

I notice the same thing a while ago...i just figured that it wasn't designed to allow you to place the points in space and that they have to be somewhere on the object surface.

I started to think that as well, but after you "pick" your points, you can't move them. Sometimes I get lucky and they move, but I'm not sure what combination of clicking got me there.

I'd like it if the handles stayed handles, and if you could manually input the desired coordinates.