3DCoat Forums

Two UV Meshes

• Contributor

Apparently, I retopologized a new mesh over an old one which lingers on demanding some of the action (two super-imposed UVs). It is urgent that I learn how to delete the older mesh. In the Paint room, the two share equal billing. In the Retopo room, the new mesh is visible and in the UV room, it is the older version. There must be a means of deleting short of a back door through the Voxel room!

• Contributor

You can delete retopo objects in the "Groups" popup using the trash icon and paint objects in the "Objects" tab by using the red cross. Was that your question?

Thank you for your reply. The operation you refer to was done after "Move selected faces to current layer" was invoked.

post-1430-0-97491200-1309966111_thumb.pn

In my view, I had deleted unwanted faces. In the UV room, this is what I see:

post-1430-0-32672600-1309966252_thumb.pn

How to clear this UV is what I need to know. Selecting all the faces and using "Clear" doesn't actually clear them.

• Contributor

Having discovered for the first time, that the UV editing window in the paint room permits choosing among the extant UV sets, so I was able to save out my textures after all. The only problem was displacement on Layer 1. It created a flat white map showing no displacement.