3DCoat Forums

Painting on one poly paints on unrelated poly??

popwfx

• Advanced Member

I'm assuming this is a newbie thing, or something with my model or I'm doing it wrong.

I have a LWO object I'm importing for per pixel painting

* low poly = 92 polys,

* all quads or triangles,

* 4 surfaces each to have its own uv map

* I've tried this with 2 separate objects, one with nonplanars and one where they are tripled

Symmetry is off - I'm running the latest beta 3.5.25C1

The uv created from this is automatic from the import and I've attached the UV room as well in case you can see what is going on with it.

When I paint on one poly on the head it paints over the arm poly as if they share a uv poly? How can I fix this? See the attached image to see what I mean.

thanks for any help!

post-2650-0-25581500-1317787887_thumb.jp

post-2650-0-23084600-1317788771_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

High light the problematic UVs so as to see them in the map. They seem to be larger than their neighbors. :pardon:

Hi, thanks for the help. Just noticed this is the map that it creates from the model. Something weird is going on in the corner there (see the yellow arrows I've marked). This is the UV map that 3DC automatically makes for it when you import the model.

1st image shows me doing a single paint stroke on the top of the model and it simultaneously appears on the arm.

2nd and 3rd images show the seemingly shared UV polys in the corner of the UV map despite having separate islands as well - pretty sure the model is really clean - no duplicate points or polys - I will doublecheck again.

This is weird... Any thoughts?

post-2650-0-88362400-1317864699_thumb.jp

post-2650-0-16686100-1317864707_thumb.jp

post-2650-0-63470000-1317864715_thumb.jp