3DCoat Forums

Random missing chunks after proxy mode.

Hi

I have a model that has %90 of its mass missing after toggling it back from proxy mode. I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried all combinations of hiding and unhiding, toggling between proxy/surface/voxel and back again. I notice that the save file is significantly reduced when this happens sudjesting the missing chunks are gone.

I have a similar problem that happens when I unhide parts of a model I have hidden. I have read the solutions posted in the forums for this problem, but none of them work with my install, leaving me with either a broken model, or the task of going back through my saves to ween out an uncourpted file - should I have one - and then playing catchup. Bugs I can usually live with, but bugs that stuff up your work are too much.

I am using 3.5.19A CUDA 64bit and 3.5.25B CUDA 64bit.

I got file. Looks like almost all cache file is filled by zeros (90% of file). Probably there was some system failure during writing.

If you will find any previous backup there you are able to uncache correctly it will be easy to combine with thos latest version.

- open file where you are able to uncache

- copy/move file MyDocuments/3D-CoatV3/Cache/Body_16831807.volume to some location

- open latest file

- copy overwrite the file that you previously kept

- un-cache

Actually cache file was a bit less than 1GB. Is it possible that there was not enough space on disk?

Probably I should add some warning about disk space...

Edit:

I made warning if there is no enough disk space to write file or if something prevents to save correctly (to avoid loosing work).

Hi Buddy.

It worked. Thanks!

I need to say that prior to using 3D-Coat I didn't consider myself an organic modeler. Now because of 3D-Coat - and only because of 3D-Coat - I now want to specialize in organic modeling. I'm in a happy place ATM.

So thanks Andrew.