3DCoat Forums

Layer system, mess & nightmare

vivi

• Advanced Member

well.. todays nightmare :

Again I started modeling stuff, went on to AUTOPO..but guess what? freezed... screw it..sick of it, I purchased the plug-in for 3DsMax " Wrap-it" which kicks ass. It autopos 100 times faster than 3D-coat, AND it doesn't crash! Besides that it has some other cool features.

So I autopoed my mesh and brought it back into the retopo-room to bake the voxel onto the new lowpoly.

Seemed to work great..switching to paint room..BAaaang! what a surprise..one vertex shoot around the world...switched to sculpt..relaxed it back..switched back to paint..BAAANGGG..shoots into the other direction..

Thinking "screw that"... I exported my mesh again back to max with the screwed up vertex..deleted it, and imported that back again to 3D-coat..

Now I have the problem when importing that mesh which has already UVs and textures..it is invisible...I know its there cause the wireframe can be displayed. When I try to load the textures, it asks me to select a UV set. but there is no selection rollout. I don't wanna yell around..( i've posted that before without getting a response ) but what is this? I can only say it again and again, if I would have paid 400Dollars ( which I did not cause I have the educational version ) I would be really pissed off.

There is really no excuse for such bugs, not in a version 3.5..and 3D coat is loaded with bugs.

now how can I know what's on all those layers?? is there a way to preview whats on the layers?

I am working on a 15 minute short-film which received funding, and therefore has a deadline, but I am not getting results...only problems...bugs and nightmares...

very dissapointed!

vito

• Reputable Contributor

I think a number of your problems are because you are not familar on how 3DCoat works. Like you cannot just switch back and forth between the paint room and retopo room to fix problems. You first have to delete the model from the paint room and all layers except layer 0. There is a way to do that correctly.

Then rebake the model again to see if you fixed the problem. I am guessing that is what you are doing by what you wrote but I could be mistaken.

I do not have the problems you mentioned. If you will address one problem at a time and the exact steps you took to get to the problem then you can be helped. That is the only way anyone can give a solution to the problem or really see if it is a bug.