3DCoat Forums

Models Tab

ekunzendorf

Okay, I must be going crazy.

While using the ABSOLUTELY DREAMY new primitives tool NOW with CAGES :) I accidentally closed the Models tab. (The one with the capsule, cube, etc.) and now I can't get it back. I looked in the Windows>Popups menu and can't find a listing. I tried resetting the pages to default. I even tried tossing all the Preferences xmls but no joy.

I hope it is something simple.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

• Reputable Contributor

Okay, I must be going crazy.

While using the ABSOLUTELY DREAMY new primitives tool NOW with CAGES :) I accidentally closed the Models tab. (The one with the capsule, cube, etc.) and now I can't get it back. I looked in the Windows>Popups menu and can't find a listing. I tried resetting the pages to default. I even tried tossing all the Preferences xmls but no joy.

I hope it is something simple.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

It usually pops up on it's own whenever you click on the Merge tool, if that helps.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi AbnRnager

The Spline tab does. And, interestingly, you can load objects from that window. But the Models Tab has vanished.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

That's very strange. Even if I close the modeling tab, 3D Coat always pops it (and the Splines tab) back up whenever I click the MERGE tool. Delete Options.xml and re-install?

Okay, I'm probably getting old and senile; but I installed v 3.7.01B for mac and now when I click on the Merge tool it pops up right as rain.

I could have sworn that I did that and couldn't get it back. But now I can close it and get it back.

I would suggest that there be a Windows>PopUps command for both Spline AND Models. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks Bill and Abn for the help!

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf