3DCoat Forums

PTEX local subdivision selection

Findus

• Advanced Member

3D coat 4.7.35

I get no visual feedback when trying to select faces with the Ptex local resolution tool.  (The counter at the bottom of the tool options indicates that faces are selected, though.)

When I subdivide the faces, I get quads in different shades of grey all over the object (probably destroyed normals or smoothing group) and trying to paint on any such quad results in a crash.

Steps:

Started 3d coat new, created a sphere, retopoed it, Bake/Retopo->Ptex with standard settings (no baking) I can paint on it in the paint room but no selection shows up when I activate the local resolution tool and brush over the mesh. Mesh isn't locked and I tried all kinds of brush modes and settings. Wireframe on and off. Tried both DirectX and OpenGL

Anyone else using local resolution selection in  PTEX with more luck?

Edit: 

Seams like the problem with the destroyed quads occurs if there are many different uv-sheets. When the whole mesh fits on one sheet, those problems disappear.

So I can locally subdivide under certain circumstances, but the selection doesn't show up.

Updated graphics card drivers to the newest version: No change.

Edit: Works in 4.5.4.

Edited by Findus

• Advanced Member

Thanks, Carlosan! 

Andrew confirmed the bug with using multiple texture/uv-tiles and plans to fix it for the next release, so I just might wait that out since I don't need it urgently at the moment. (My hard disk is pretty full as it is.)

• Like 1