3DCoat Forums

Downgrade Issue in Voxels

ebitz

• Advanced Member

I had downgraded my volume to used surface sculpting. When I switched my proxy back to the original high poly volume it exploded. Any ideas on how to fix this. When I try swithching back from surface to volume state I get a warning message "Can't get back to voxels". Maybe theres a work around.

• Contributor

I had downgraded my volume to used surface sculpting. When I switched my proxy back to the original high poly volume it exploded. Any ideas on how to fix this. When I try swithching back from surface to volume state I get a warning message "Can't get back to voxels". Maybe theres a work around.

Try download latest beta 3.7.18 a lot of bugs retated to proxy mode were solved.

• Advanced Member

Ok, sounds good. I did find a workaround. I just duplicated the layer. Pretty simple, but it seemed to return it back to voxel mode and out of proxy mode as well. But I will download the latest version. Thanks guys.

• Contributor

It's frustrating if you want to add some piece like legs, etc...the curve tools is very intuitive for that...I use DX build.

Do not use curve tool in proxy mode....just use it in normal mode.

It is same thing in zbrush you cannot use dynamesh on lower res levels.

(vertex order need to stay the same otherwize its impossible to reproject the changes)

You see you are adding a curve on a lower version of a model for which the curve does not exist. :)

edit:on my side Im not able to merge a curve in Dx proxy mode,the curve always disappear.

Anyway,the tool should be greyed out totally.