3DCoat Forums

Smoothing the Freezed Selections (freeze tool)

johnnycore

• Advanced Member

Would be very nice if we were able to smooth our freeze selection with shift plus drag.. just feels intuative!

I was just freezing some parts of my model, one part is high intensity freeze and another part is low intensity freeze, I wanted to blend the hard and soft intensities by holding down the (shift) smooth tool but strangely nothing happened.. :(

I think this will be a handy feature to add!

• Reputable Contributor

Are you talking about the paintroom freeze or the surface mode freeze?

In my Linux version 3.7.18C, I have no problem with blending the high and low density areas in surface mode holding down the shift key and brushing a stroke. I do remember at times it would just stop working in other versions though but it has been awhile. I will check a few of my other files and see if they have any problems.

I found that I can not not smooth a freeze selection on a surface mode object in the paintroom but have to go back to the voxel room "surface mode" and blend the areas there... I will post a bug report about it when I make a video.

My workflow for now for freezing surface mode objects..

Create the freeze selection in the paintroom because there I can set the degree of freezing.

Switch back to the voxel room "surface mode"

Blend the two areas.

We could use a freezing degree selection in the voxel room as well for freezing surface mode objects so we do not have to switch to the paintroom for degress of freezing..

• Advanced Member

My workflow for now for freezing surface mode objects..

Create the freeze selection in the paintroom because there I can set the degree of freezing.

Switch back to the voxel room "surface mode"

Blend the two areas.

We could use a freezing degree selection in the voxel room as well for freezing surface mode objects so we do not have to switch to the paintroom for degress of freezing..

I got happy when I read about your workaround but sadly it doesnt work on my end.. :o

Hopefully it will get fixed/added in the next release.. i'll try and play a bit more to get it work!