3DCoat Forums

Painting Problem

T.H. ROCK

• Advanced Member

Can anyone tell what the problem might be?

I make the default sphere in the Voxel room, add some spikes, then send it out to retopo with PPP option chosen.

Once in the PPP room I can't paint on most of the sphere and I can't paint on the spikes at all.

I've attached the PPP room and UV screenshots.

Using the latest beta version of 3DC.

I just click the defaults on the menus and do nothing else in retopo or the UV room, just a straight shot to the PPP room.

post-1810-0-60478600-1347899134_thumb.jp

post-1810-0-92206700-1347899148_thumb.jp

PPPPaintproblem.3b.rar

So, if I understand you correctly, you are using the "AUTOPO for per-pixel" painting option (Right Click menu in Vox Tree)?

This should land you in the Paint Room. You should be starting to paint in the Paint Room.

Make sure to hide the Voxel layer of your sculpt for clearer painting.

Since the UV's have been created automatically, in this case - you should be able to paint anywhere on your model.

Is this not the case?

Greg Smith

• Advanced Member

So, if I understand you correctly, you are using the "AUTOPO for per-pixel" painting option (Right Click menu in Vox Tree)?

This should land you in the Paint Room. You should be starting to paint in the Paint Room.

Make sure to hide the Voxel layer of your sculpt for clearer painting.

Since the UV's have been created automatically, in this case - you should be able to paint anywhere on your model.

Is this not the case?

Greg Smith

Thanks!

Hiding the Voxel layer in the Voxel room was the step I was missing.

Shouldn't this be an "auto hide" or at least not a factor when working in the PPP room after auto retopo?

• Reputable Contributor

Another way to hide the voxel object is to deselect (Show Voxels in PaintRoom) before running your autopo for PPP.

It is under the View menu in the PaintRoom.

This is a faster way if you have a lot of layers to hide...

The setting was added so we could Polypaint (vertex paint) a surface mode object... User choice to have it selected or deselected.

Edit: I thought the setting was saved from session to session but I was mistaken, I deleted that part of my post.

post-518-0-57885400-1347908187_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...