3DCoat Forums

Translation

Frenchy Pilou

Hello :)

Your prog rocks! :brush:

I have seen on your Andrew 's blog that there is a project of web site for translations

Where is it? ;)

French for me of course :rolleyes:

I have yet translated for the fun this incredible Nurbs Modeler of Moment of Inspiration :brush: (interface, user doc, forum etc)

and this another crazzy one of TopMod :brush:

All will be perfect with 3D Coat (they export in OBJ format)

My english is some basic indeed but my french is some more better :lol:

Have fun ;)

• 2 weeks later...
something curious : i am login in the forum

when I go to the french translation section I must retake my login and then that's not works :(

Is that normal? Must have a different login than the forum?

Login and password are the same in forum and in translation page... But maybe you need login on translation page separately from forum.

So, if I have understand correctly, login/password from forum was not accepted? ("Wrong username or password!" was written there)

Or you was logged in but something wrong happened after login?

Or you was logged in but something wrong happened after login?

Yes I am logged on the normal forum (as i can write for answer to you), and when I go to the translation link,

Translation 3D-Coat on other Languages ok

French ok

Page 1 ok but Login /register

So I must login again, idem if I click on "Add Translation"

So I put of course the same log (user name) and password (all by hand) than the forum and then "(my user name...don't exist on the data base" written page leftp side up ??? ;)

and "Wrong username or password! " :rolleyes:

So is that 2 separated forum and must have a different password , user name?

Or there is something wrong on the French part, as I see the Spanish part is started :)

I use Firfox and have any problem on the (too) numerous forum where I write :)

So I put of course the same log (user name) and password (all by hand) than the forum and then "(my user name...don't exist on the data base" written page leftp side up ??? ;)

and "Wrong username or password! " :rolleyes:

It's mean that you type not correct login. There is difference between "login name" and "display name" on forum. So if you type "Frenchy Pilou" in field "Enter your user name" on login_translation page it will say "User Frenchy Pilou is not in database" because "Frenchy Pilou" it is your "display name". I have found your user name in forum database and it works properly. There is no message like "User ... is not in database".

So is that 2 separated forum and must have a different password , user name?

Or there is something wrong on the French part, as I see the Spanish part is started :)

I use Firfox and have any problem on the (too) numerous forum where I write :)

The password and user name for translation page is the same as for our forum.

French page is work properly as your see I have added one translation on Page1.

It's mean that you type not correct login. There is difference between "login name" and "display name" on forum. So if you type "Frenchy Pilou" in field "Enter your user name" on login_translation page it will say "User Frenchy Pilou is not in database" because "Frenchy Pilou" it is your "display name". I have found your user name in forum database and it works properly. There is no message like "User ... is not in database".

The password and user name for translation page is the same as for our forum.

French page is work properly as your see I have added one translation on Page1.

hi hi I know difference between log name and display name (I surf on the web from the beginning of it :)

Today that's work ! :brush:

Mysteries of the technology :)

Maybe because somebody has started the french section!!! (I was the first before...sometime this is a known bug ;)

Ps Have you marked on your translation data base board words who appear on the interface itself?

So translation must have maxi lengh letters as the original for have no deformation in Menu, icon etc...

That is great!

Ps Have you marked on your translation data base board words who appear on the interface itself?So translation must have maxi lengh letters as the original for have no deformation in Menu, icon etc...

Almost always you can put phrases that are longer then original. If text will appear in some space-critical places (it is very rare) then it will be truncated with "..."

[Mode HS ON]

Mazette, Frenchy Pilou est arrivée sur le forum!!!!! :blink:

SAUVONS le forum!!!! :brush:

Bientôt 1 Millions de messages :lol:

:P

[Mode HS OFF]

I have made "Export Language XML" page. There is a link in right top corner of "Translation index" page. Now you can install your Language.xml file in 3D-Coat folder and see how translation looks on your computer.

I have made "Export Language XML" page. There is a link in right top corner of "Translation index" page. Now you can install your Language.xml file in 3D-Coat folder and see how translation looks on your computer.

How do you manage the translations in the xml file when there are different solutions suggested 1. 2. 3...

Is there an xml by name?...

You can choose what translation will be taken into account - last by time or last yours translation.

btw - wow, you are working so quickly!

Ok. :)

So if I good understand everybody can make his own translation from the data base existent?

Of course now it's a speedy first draft...I will make a second reading inside the prog for stylishness and refinement of approximations then finished :)

Ok first draft of the french version is finished :)

Next week i will made the re reading for eliminate some errors ;)

(I have seen also some typing errors in the english parts :) i will give it here in the same time !

Pour les français: j'ai eu quelques soucis avec (jitter agitatio, tremblement (?) strip (bande (?) hint (souligné, pointé (?) hiding caché couvrant, correction (?)

To be continue next week for correct and inside the prog :)

If you see some big errors tell me here I will correct as soon as possible!

Have fun ;)

Cool!

I have found one missed hint

222. COPYPASTE_TOOL_WORK_HINT

You can copy parts of a surface to the clipboard with the help of 'CTRL-C' and then paste them with the help of CTRL-V. If the cursor is not pointing to an object, it will be paste to the same place it was copied from. Images in the clipboard can be edited with other graphical editor, then placed to the clipboard and and pasted into the surface of the object. If color channel is open for editing, color texture is placed to the clipboard; if it is disabled, then depth texture will be placed into the clipboard; if depth is disabled for editing, then specular texture will be placed there. In this way you can copy and edit any of channels - depth, specular or color. As you press 'CTRL'+'SHIFT'+'C' a new pen is made from a part of the surface and added to pen list. As you press 'CTRL'+'SHIFT'+'V' mirror-like reflected part is pasted. Pay attention that copying and pasting depends on pen turn. Copying and pasting objects with the help of hot keys is possible in any regime, not only in current tool. Copy/Paste is made a separate tool only for you to notice this hint.

Please translate it also. There was "py/Paste..." instead of this text.

• Contributor

[And here I am not even trying to access the English Help because, no way, it could keep fully in context with the speed of modifications/improvements!

You ar ALL far too clever/smart/brilliant!

It is a great priveledge to see everyone working on this site.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Un immense merci pour cette traduction Française qui me permet de découvrir de nouvelles fonctions dont je pigeais rien en Anglais :lol:

Et un merci particulier au camarade Frenchy Pilou :P

Alors la traduction Google :D

A huge thank you for this French translation, which allows me to discover new functions that I understood nothing in English :lol:

And thank you especially to Comrade Frenchy Pilou :P